August 20th, 2012
Shocking Stats on Small Business Websites
Google’s Get Your Business Online program has uncovered some shocking stats about U.S.-based small businesses and their websites.
- An amazing 62% of small businesses in California do not have a website.
- 53% of small businesses in New York don’t have a website.
- 69% of small businesses in North Carolina don’t have a website.
- In most states, somewhere between 50% and 60% of small businesses do not have websites.
- Yet 97% of consumers look online for local products and services.
It’s astonishing that the internet has been widely used for nearly 2 decades and millions of businesses are missing out on one of the most effective and inexpensive ways to market their businesses.