Welcome to the Delaware Telephone Musuem! An extensive collection of telephony history located within the Marvel Carriage Museum in Georgetown, DE.
Jim Bowden, the curator of the museum, has quite a collection of antique telephones, telephony equipment, and Bell System memorabilia on display with an emphasis on the history of The Diamond State Telephone Company founded in 1897 and one of the original Bell Telephone Operating Companies.
Interested in a tour? Contact us to schedule a private showing!
Things to see here
- Many different kinds of telephone booths
- Working operator switchboards
- Tons of phones through the ages from Alexander Graham Bell's very first up to and including the first cell telephone called the "brick"
- Pictures, marketing materials, posters, & other memorbilia
- Telephone books from 1910 to 2011
- 510 S. Bedford St.
Georgetown, Delaware 19947